Sunday, July 14, 2013

R2R SESSION II: 63013 – 71313



SESSION II 63013 – 71313 – In the interest of better tracking, measuring, monitoring and theoretically better results, I’m going to launch a Session Stats Page, [if you’re a chart/stats junky you’ll probably dig this] to keep a running bi-weekly tab on my progress. I certainly envision keeping an eye on my weight and measurements, especially around the torso [chest, shoulders, et al are measured every 60 days and I could probably extend that to 90 days.] But I may also keep tabs on how much I’m lifting especially in areas like squats, bench press and rep-counting things like dips & pull ups, more so at the YMCA rather than say overnight. I’ll pretty much keep this up until I get a life and don’t have time to do it anymore.



63013 [Sunday #12] Start Session II

AM – Work.


Suspension push ups; shoulder presses; scapula stretches; wrist curls; triceps work w/ bands… all night long. No counts. I do better at night.



Wake 190.5  19% Body Fat: 56% H2O – Good wake up numbers, same wt as coming in 15.5% Massage Day Finally!! Salmon @ Viet Café.



JULY


70113 [Monday #13] AM – work: The end of Session I brings forth some questions about keeping charts, not worth uploading though, I’ll figure it out. Looking forward to getting to the Y this afternoon. Wake up strong!!


Wake 191.5  19  56 or 57, anyway, still good. These are summer numbers, probably having to do with the heat and humidity. Rain stopped, sluggish start but came along. Drank bkft – headed to the Y to squat, bench, shin flex, dips & leg extensions, maybe handstands, that’s the plan. Left knee’s sore-ish, [orange] shorts are tight.



YMCA – WORK!! 


#1 – Squats: 275 lbs. 52 in 5 advance to 295, 12 reps first set!!!

#2 – Bench press: 185 lbs. 26 in 5 – felt heavy, I guess so after squats, but I have to be able to lift this AFTER squats. Although if I get an extra day I may try and put up some fresh reps.

#3 – Shin Flex 100 lbs. – 72 in 5 – can’t go any heavier at the Y, so more reps.

#4 – Dips 55 in 5 – low as possible, fuller range of motion. Have to hit 100 strong before I start adding weight. Got to get those shoulders opened.

#5 – Low Hang NL pull ups – 35 in 5.

#6 – Assisted pistols, 2 x 8 each.. working towards 50 each, then less and less support until I can do them unassisted.


Abs & stretch… no run.



70213 [Tuesday #14] AM – gig, chillin healing – NO GX today, maybe hit the gym??


Wake 191.5 18.5 56 – slow wake, no urgency – sore in all the previously mentioned places except legs where I’d expect it after yesterday.

5 Rounds of HIIT challenge w/ modifications of course. Good sweat. I may have to force myself to do this daily.  I need it.



70313 [Wednesday #15] AM – Work; Found a new past time that keeps me from training at the gig… bitstrips. I wonder if this will be relevant by the end of the year.  High carbs in the last 24 hours.



Wake 194  17.5 56.5 – expected weight increases, but BF & H2O #s remain steady. Good news.


So, woke up, 5 rounds of HIIT, stack, drank bkft, ready for the Y, showered, then the crash came. Went back to sleep.


Could it be time for a short break – just in time for the 4th of July long weekend?

I should keep this pattern in mind. I don’t know how long I’ve been going without a break. Maybe I’ll take 4 days away from weights, run, jump? Or maybe just stretch. I feel like I want to train over night tho. This was a 4 day.



70413 [Thursday #16] – suspension training tonight and probably WB deadlifts, not gonna count reps, just get it done. All night. I really think it was the suspension pushups that helped thicken my chest. I may have to train @ home today. But what about the break? Maybe another HIIT bout.


Wake 192.5 20%BF 55% H2O already a good day dropping 1.5 lbs. extra – 10 rounds of HIIT [first time] challenge with modifications, but already feeling more energetic. Can I do ten rounds for 30 non consecutive days? Like every other or every 3rd day and maintain lifting regimen as well? Keep progressing? We shall see. Oh & I super sweat afterwards… like dripping off my brow & nose… everywhere.  Drank left over bkft, morning stack, tea. Need to eat then socialize. Seem slike a 6 day, especially if I can get out.



70513 [Friday #17] Wake 191 21%  54.5%


Not bad considering a couple of drinks and some party grub yesterday. Up at 5:30 am.

I should maybe start writing down my dreams. Today’s involved taking Frank C. home from the Y and Christmas trees [there was snow], one in the trunk, one in the front seat. Maybe I’ll get to the Y today.


Drank bkft – chocolate, no veggies. Headed to the Y – so much for a long break. Rom DL routine today, chin ups and thrusters, long bar dips, maybe leg-x, so mostly legs and back – maybe get some HIIT in later.


YMCA – action


#1 – Rom DL: 225  40/5 stronger grip, ready to move add 90 lbs. and slow the progress

#2 – Thrusters: 95  20/5  this is the correct weight.

#3 – Low hang chin ups – 30/5 even 6s I think.

#4 – Str8 bar dips – 70/5 keep trying to go lower.

#5 – leg xtensions – 225  32/5  whole rack, this is the right weight. May have to go to ridiculous reps.


* farmer walks [2 10 lbs plates] & side leg extensions & leg stretch between sets.


Quarter mile 5.5 mph run – cramps in rear upper thighs abbreviated the run.


Call this a 6 day  - close to 7 but cramps and post workout; lf knee soreness. Need more side stretching. Getting close to 50 on the dead lifts, probably should jump 50 – 90 lbs? To be conservative or not?



70613 [Saturday #18] wake 189 20 55.5   surprised after beer last night. 5 rounds of HIIT then luau at Tet’s.


June going into July and the summer season, still bouncing
 around,194 may have been the peak to date for this year.




70713 [Sunday #19] Wake 192  20 55.5  [3 hrs sleep]. Luau weight gain, but later dropped to 190.5 which was good news, all food weight. Went back to sleep for 3-4 more hours, up and out with Xave. Midtown II meal.

10 Rounds HIIT Challenge – kicked my ass, but not as badly. Maybe sus-pushups overnight. Got to work on next episode and next routine for TU-GX. A 6 day.



70813 [Monday #20] AM – Work – trying to get myself to start suspension pushups, maybe I’ll update tonight too. I believe these solidified my chest, so if I do a single exercise, this will be it.


Feeling the effects of HIIT too – didn’t think they did that much. Wrong again buddy!! Squats later today – start 295 lbs. rest of July & August  then vaca and all or mostly body weight training. So it’s going to be sus-pu and db shoulder presses all night. Going for 50 before I elevate next time. Mostly pushes and presses. My legs will be strong for squats today. Breathe and wake strong!!!



Wake 190.5  19.5  55.5 -  came in at 13.5%BF a low for the year I think. Drank bkft – double.


Today’s line up, squats first day 295; bench, still 185; flex 100; deep dips, maybe handstands and/or leg extensions, rack it and run if no cramps or pain. Let’s Go!!



YMCA – Action


#1 – Squats 295 … 30/5 first day, think I should’ve added more, but go slow and strong.

#2 – Bench 185 … 23/5 weaker. I used to love to bench. Could be the pushups, but I have to do both.

#3 – shin flex 100 … 88/5  foot placement better and pressure not as bad.

#4 – Dips … 66 deep and start low.

#5 – seated shoulder press [machine] … 50 lbs 40/5 this was more therapy.

#6 – Ran a solid mile on the treadmill. 5.5 mph first .75, then 6 mph the last quarter mile.


Abs, stretch, done. Just about 90 minutes.


*Kick and stretch b/ squats; calf raises [various angles] between shin flex.


Pre-work, beta-alanine, arginine powder blend. I don’t like the taste. I either need to cut it more or concentrate it so I can drink it faster and get the taste out of the way. Got a little stingle from the BA. 

This is the closest I have to an eval pic for this session.
That's my Framly in the pic at the annual Funky Luau. This
event added weight, but it metabolizes in about two days. I
Know this because I keep records. (Nerd style.)



70913 [Tuesday #21] AM – Work. Update and pull ups – wide and low, don’t bother counting. Had to rub left shoulder. TU-GX later today.



Wake 190.5 20 55 TU-GX & aqua today. Back to busy Tuesdays. Dropped – 2.

Good GX sessions. Strong 1 more post GX.

Took workout stack first, no wake stack til later. Banana, guilty pleasure and spinach lentils wrap post workout.

(Dreamed of Ches, then saw her double on the way to GX. Strange scene.)
Home – iced calves, left knee and left shoulder. Shoulder still throbs. Thinking sus-pushups tonight.

71013 [Wednesday #22] AM – Work, Suspension pushups all night long then maybe intervals before celebrating Xave’s 21st.

Wake 191 19.5 55.5

5 HIIT rounds, ate breakfast, hangin w/ Xave on bday. Sangria & salmon burger. 5 day.

71113 [Thursday #23] wake 190.5  24.5  52.5 unusually high, but probably do to two cups of tea before bed. No work last night & wasn’t very hungry. Work naturally – days off were usually reserved for chores. I think I can lift today and go back and teach class.

July has been unusual… actually since the end of May I’ve been drinking more than usual, which is maybe 2-4 drinks per weekend (not to get drunk) – but when one is generally have a drink or 2 per month, it’s a marked increase. I’m sure there’s an effect but it’s not profound and it doesn’t seem to be holding me back. There are a few more parties this month so I’ll probably continue my moderate social drinking.

To the Y… the plan, DLs, Thrusters, pull ups, pull overs, seated row.

Started confident, but the grip started failing around the third set.

#1. Romanian Dead lift – 225 lbs   34/5  8 max
#2. Thrusters – 95 lbs.    32/5 [not sure if this is an increase or not. Maybe just the weight.]
#3. Pull overs – 95 lbs.  26/5 
#4. Leg curls – 180 lbs  43/5 12 max. [may have done 195 at some point but, it will come soon enough.]
 #5. Wide grip Pull ups – 30/5  once again, the story is the grip.

The grip seems to be an issue which I expect will improve, the more I use it.
GX Later today… less than 4 hours.

I need to coax more energy out of this body!

Y-GX was insane. I was tired but energetic, probably from the earlier workout. Drank lunch, doubled as pre-work for GX, feeling like I wanna crash now.

71213 [Friday #24] am – home: It’s like 2 or 3 am and I just discovered I had a nose-bleed!! Wha? Looks like it clotted before it really got going… but for real/ I wonder what caused it. Good thing it stopped on its own.

Worked on Episode II, maybe leg presses and some incline chest work today and shoulder therapy. I’ll think of the line up later. I think measuring day is coming up. I’m still too flabby. Maybe I need more discipline, more intense training or less food!?! Or more patience. I am seeing improvement, hope the numbers concur.

Wake 188.5 25%  52.5% - woke up too early, stretched and fell asleep on the floor. Finally made it to bed and got enough sleep to work tonight. Thinking Y for legs press, incline bench and calf work. Need to get started. Sore from yesterday’s double.

YMCA – Action

#1. Leg press (inverted) – 450 lbs  65/5 + calf press & raises.
#2. Incline bench – 135  36/5  first time out for this
#3. Leg extension – 225 [rack]  40/5
#4. Low Pull ups – 30/5 tired
#5. Shoulder press seated –  50 lbs… 50/5 [therapy]

Pre-work formula Cr+BA mix, good stuff. Got tired early today, but after yesterday I understand. Left shoulder soreness-to-pain… maybe suspensions tonight?

71313 [Saturday #25] –wake 191 22.5 53.5 Nothing over night except nursing a sore left shoulder. Weight came back to normal. This was a complete chill/chores day, although I did more chillin’ than chorin’. Made juice though. Squash, kiwi, orange 7 cucumber – it really doesn’t taste too bad. I hesitate to say it’s good, however. A calculated 4 day.

Today is the end of Session II – need to get Episode II done. Subbing aqua Monday so my lifting schedule will have to be adjusted. No time in the park. Ironically Ruggedness was about being outside exercising, guess that’s how things go. I’m not complaining. I’ll get to it when it stops raining so much… or when I feel like it.

I like what I’m doing now. Tempted to go straight to 315 with the squats. The internal battle between patience & discipline and impatience, I guess. I’m sure I can do five sets of 6 to 8, but I want to be sure my ligs and tendons keep up. 315 is no personal best, so muscle memory will likely kick in. I’m probably not going as low as I could either. I’d like to think I can hover at 315 for a while and get VERY comfortable with it before I add 20 – 50 lbs to it. (I also have to make sure my trapz get used to the weight of the bar and my obliques get used to it also.

I don’t want to lose my squat strength over vacation. That’s my real concern. A week off will make me stronger and heal me up.

Duck tonight.

Yeah. Done Session II, here comes part three…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment