Monday, June 9, 2014

Return to Ruggedness: Session XV - 51814 - 53114



SESSION XV – 51814 – 53114 – during this session I am traveling around Zurich, Switzerland.

51814 [Sunday #334] – wake 192.5  No question. 6 hrs + an extra – got (something???). Ran two miles in about 30 minutes, then intervals for a quarter. Then up the hill – 5 rounds, pyramid style, last round was a walk. Brunch with Z&Z, beers 7 chips @ Kev’s garden party, home to chill, headed to massage. Maybe some lifting tonight.

FEELING STRONGER, SHOULDER FEELS GOOD. Current ish, left knee … but the feeling’s different than before, it’s a duller feel that subsides with running. Is this arther again?. Right foot a feel I’ve never or can’t remember having. Also subsides with activity and comes when I sit too long.

51914 [Monday #335] – wake 191… One day before Switzerland. House work, last minute stuff, more prepared than I think. Headed to the Y for pre-spin work – deadlift, maybe squats & presses. Left knee is sore and left butt… the week will be healing… back to body work.

Scar tissue breaking up in the left shoulder according to Keanne… it feels stronger too. Did 35 IG (Iron gym) pushups this AM, I need to get some decent workout sneakers,

Good workout day.
Deadlifted 315 lbs up 3 sets of one lift, knees bent. (No Romanian today). Benched 120 ha-ha I’m bragging about this??

Felt the shoulder and it held up. Tried shoulder press squats, just the bar 2 sets, form needs work, then strength. Gonna ease back into the mix, combo of body weight & iron!! GO!! Project KCX 5.5!!

52014 [Tuesday #336] – Wake 189.5 – under 190!!! Yeah… Travel day. 3 sun salutations to help ease my mind and chores. Leaving a 21:55, trying to be to the airport by 17:00 – 18:00…

52114 [Wednesday #337] – wake on the airplane…  Zurich, Switzerland make my way to the hotel. No time for exercise.

52214 [Thursday #338] – Zurich, jet-lagging like crazy, but there is tea for breakfast and eggs 7 lunchmeat (what we call it anyway) and Danish. Walk around the city and take a boat ride.

52314 [Friday #339] – Zurich, casual Friday. Rain, but it cleared up later. I found a few exercise spots nearby, but figured if I really wanted to train I’d find a park or workout in my room. (which I did.)

52414** [Saturday #340] – Wake Zurich – more rain today. Note lower left back is sore, feels more like muscles than bone or nerves. How did this occur? Sun salutations or sleeping awkwardly? Trying to twist it out, stretch it out.

52514 [Sunday #341] – Another day in Zurich & breakfast in the breakfast room. Got some exercise in last night besides walking all over town. Body check – don’t know what I did to my back, but it’s sore, maybe sorer that before. It’s not moving (the pain) that’s a good sign, I’m walking another good sign. Bending and stretching… I should know… it’s the L-something. Probably the most common lumbar region. Anyway, back to crunches and ab work.

52614 [Monday #342] – Zurich, more walking and exploring and actually…. Shopping. Not over-doing it though.

52714 [Tuesday #343] – Last day in Zurich, it’s raining. Taking off early for the airport. Spent most of the day walking around and exploring. I may share a couple of pictures I took there.

52814 [Wednesday #344] – Midnight back in Philly and the first thing I do is weigh in to see how much I’ve gained… I’m 187 14% BF 60% H2O. amazing. Buffer day. Did pretty much nothing all day.  Home exercise included pushups and curls & random weights work.

52914** [Thursday #345] – wake still 187…  ran 3 miles down the parkway walked off mile #4, felt good, real good! Light, no chest pain or shortness of breath, food? Peace? Leisure? Something changed. Trying to keep that change in effect. (2800 cals in 2 hrs). Good run up the El steps.

Superhype @YGX – full participation 1362 cals @ 1:10 & counting. [HR was at 99% most of the class] stopped counting at 5002 calories 4:14 minutes..

53014** [Friday #346] – wake 187 – at some point in the day I started feeling sluggish and tired. Legs were super [DOMS] sore, no doubt due to previous badass workout day. Lifted some weight at home. Developed a tickle in the top of throat, which turned into chills, headache, most likely an invader entered my universe. Dealt with it through the night. [Also we to Delaware today for ceremony for Matt.]

53114 [Saturday #347] – wake 187 with headache. Body is recovering, neck & shoulders sore, might be a good yoga day. 24th hour will be around 15:00 if it’s a 24 hr bug.

24th hour passed and I was better, but the Bug flexed and I needed to chill. Spend lots of time resting and such.

End of Session 25…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment