Monday, October 14, 2013

R2R SESSION EIGHT – 92213 - 100513




SESSION VIII – starts today [didn’t know it] Nonetheless, this is a session of renewal. It looks like I made a few decisions and strategies to create a fitness/conditioning renaissance. I need to do this myself because no one else can. And that’s it.

92213 [Sunday #96] Fall – wake 188.5  27.5  51; get up and do stuff… 300 punches, jumping, elbow strikes, some squats, 250 crunches, bench bridges… get this baby started.

These charts are all academic at this point.
They tell a story, and tracking my weight helps
keep me disciplined. Guess they're worth it.
I still post them.
Think I hit 5 today. Got a good lean muscle report from Keanne [massage therapist] today. Going in the right direction it seems. Looks like I’m leaner even though the torso measurements are higher. The lean muscle is coming out. I’m pleased.

92313 [Monday #97] AM gig – reading, chilling, planning to continue easing into more cardio/body wt based morning routine. Maybe add some more burpees & running up stairs. Got to get produce and maybe play in the park today.

Oh yeah, order vitamins and get some more B12.

Wake 188.5  23.5  53: Ritual, ate breakfast, produce shopping wake up cardio. Added wt gloves to the shadow box 200 reps. Some squats, walk to 69, body feels like it wants to run.

Home work Part II – mt climbers, ½ pushups, sit ups w/ ankle wts. Leg raises, etc w/ wts.

92413 [Tuesday #98] wake 188.5 E! guessing weather. GX today at TU, drank breakfast. Tea to start, 100 punches, (no gloves). I’ll be up for class.

Strong GX. Home work has made me stronger. I noticed today that the ladies needed less time between sets and no break between rounds 5 & 6, so I’m thinking I can go from round 1 to 2 with no break.

92513 [Wednesday #99] – AM – gig: 
 
this is an out take - my "new" old passion.
making comic strips. 



Updated this thing FINALLY. I’ve been neglecting the uploading because of my comic strip, which I will share with you. I’ve keep jotting down my dailies in my book tho, so now I’m caught up. I need to divide all this into their sessions. I realize I’m writing to no one but my future self. It may remind me of where I came from.


92613 [Thursday #100] wake 189.5 23 53 – more body fat, less h2o post ritual is unusual. 300 punches w/ gloves, get to 500 and add wrist weights. Tea and PB, Honey & cinnamon for breakfast. Felt very light walking and running up El steps. YGX today.

I really think the cardio classes plus home work cardio is helping. Shoulder feels very much improved today too. Once pain, now twinges, not putting much weight on it.
 
YGX and spin right after. It was the strongest GX of the session so far. The class is tough… even for me. Shoulder is healing [pic].

Let’s see what was going on, on day 100 a couple of years ago.

** 92611 - Day 100 –(Milestone day!!)  Wake up, sunny day, extra sleep.. Get up 5 mins on tramp, 50 air squats, 2 x 100 calf raises, pushups 3 sets (fingers pointed backwards, week 2) 30-20-10 Maybe Yoga?? (maybe not). 2 GX Classes at Temple. 2 very awesome, very dynamic gx sessions at Temple today. Can I get up and run thru the woods tomorrow?? Can I get a massage this Saturday and take Dweeta's yoga class??? Here comes day 100..

Notes: This was a Monday and it looks like I wasn’t recording my weight in the journal. I was teaching back-to-back cardio classes at Temple (boot camp & butts & guts). This was the first year and I didn’t have the format together the way I do now. Looks like I’ve been getting massages longer than I thought.
LAST YEAR


after back to back sessions at the Y; functional
fitness and Spinning. I am going to teach a spin class.
Believe it??? 

* This time last year - 92612 (Wednesday #100) Since I didn’t know it was day 100 I didn’t plan anything special.

Some strap work (at work) not much just chest expansion. Legs feel thick heavy and strong.

Wake 189 27 55.5% Wake up core work, trying to get leg lifts stronger, start flat w/ bent knee lifts, then str8 legs, then u on elbows bent knee, str8, etc. Keep elevating back until it’s perpendicular to the floor and try to raise legs. (Then back bends.)

Pretty good aqua box, I get a little workout (sweat) doing the demos).

Notes: I was close to the same weight last year. Day 100 should fall on the same day each year, so my count is off somewhere, but it wouldn’t be the first time. (this was fixed and I left it in as a reminder that I lose count often.)

92713 [Friday #101] – 187 26 52 – which was a surprise. Up early, a short meditation break turned into a 2-3 hours of sleep. Nothing wrong with that. Dell is down so I have room for another computer, but not a desk top. Everything must be portable!!! Relaxing day, maybe some home training this eve.

Maybe 10,000 rounds of shadow boxing, 200 – 500 punches?? Shoulder seems a bit more sore – just a little from sleeping. Its getting better tho.

Did basically my class at home. 1 hr cardio 1051 calories burned!!

92813 [Saturday #102] wake 186.5 E! low weight for the year.

I have to do my class every day that I can, it makes me more energetic. Brunch today with Lashawn & dinner this eve with James and the fram… maybe time in between for home work. Walked off brunch – back home, napped. [Dinner didn’t happen for me… sleep ensued.]

67 minute home cardio session 856 cal burned [it felt like more]. Then headed to work. Sprinted to make the train!! Photo & eval shot!


92913 [Sunday #103] – AM – Gig: I really believe that photo-documenting my work outs and progress help motivate me to keep at it. I stopped doing photo evals for a while and maybe my training suffered. [maybe there is something to the vanity component.] So after the daily…so far – workout – I take a pic. Doesn’t have to be full body, it’s just part of the ritual. Hope to get in the park today (but didn’t).

Got inspired too late to go to the park – however. EAT SWEAT #3 home work 72 mins 1053 cals straight 20 mins of run-jump-box. 3 rounds of squats-mt climbers, jump scissor splits, we’ll call them – not exactly jumping lunge squats… they will come later.

3 rounds of killer power squats to burbees 40 p-squats to 8, 6, 5 burpees. These spiked my HR by far the toughest round.

Worked 360 degree legs with ankle weights, only 5 lbs each, but felt the difference. No dedicated stretching, just casual between rounds. This kicked my ass, third day straight. I can only take breaks if I absolutely can’t handle a session, because breaks turn into quitting (albeit temporarily), then I have to start all over again.

Work next…

93013 [Monday #104]  wake 188 22.5 53.5

2 sun salutations before breakfast then eat sweat #4 – same stuff as yesterday 60 mins.KILLER!!  893-ish.. The cal  burn  seems to be decreasing so maybe the body is assimilating. So the first 30 minutes needs to be more intense. So maybe more mt climbers, power squats and ugh, burpees!! In the first long interval…. 30 minutes. Are we ever gonna go outside again???

OCTOBER – New strategy in recovery.

100113 [Tuesday #105] – AM – Gig: Start the 100,000 reps.
Chin ups – 3 – 4- 4 – 5 = 16
Push ups – 6 – 10 – 10 – 6 = 32
Squats – 25
slowly getting back to pushups. helping the shoulder to heal.

using blocks and bars to start, but by the time i get to
10,000 i think i will be elevating again. fingers crossed. 

Wake 191: 18: 56.5: warm day? Kept the weight and the H2O
Punches and 25 squats, 15 dips [tris/bench] drank bkft, up for TGX headed there now.
STRONG GX – eased through, still challenging, 3 rounds no breaks 15 – 20 mins straight. FANTASTIC!

100213 [Wednesday #106] AM – Gig

Chin ups   3 – 4 – 5 – 3 = 15
Pushups   8 – 6 – 6 = 20

Wake 188 20.5  55 – lazy scale. Very lite work, aqua box was energetic.
Home??? Got chores, but should be able to get some in. Got some sleep instead. No sweat tonight, but maybe reps over nite. Looks like I’ll need discipline this weekend as I’ll be away. Brooklyn roles always seem to come up when I start a new routine. Will still be able to get squats & pushups in. Wasn’t hungry, shake before work.

100313 [Thursday #107] – AM – Gig.

Chin ups   4 – 5 – 3 = 12
Squats      20 – 20 = 40
Pushups  6 – 10 – 6 = 22  [pushups are slow and easy. Rehabbing shoulder].
(25 squats at home, on calendar. Don’t want to double count.)
Wake 190  19.5  55.5
Very strong YGX – still full of energy at the end. E-levels rising nice, 58 mins 928 cals.

100413 [Friday #108] – Brooklyn bound. Wawa is feeding me on this trip.

100513 [Saturday #109] – Brooklyn [Red Hook] Catfish Po’boy & dark & stormies last night.

Wake: 100 punches (2 sets)
Squats   25 – 25 – 25 = 75
Pushups  12 – 10 – 10 = 32
Chinups   6 – 4-  4 – 4 – 5 = 23 (prospect park)
first time chin ups in Brooklyn. Never imagined chin ups would be
part of my shoulder therapy. It actually feels better after a few sets...
got to keep the blood flowing, it's not just a cliche. 

Dips    12 – 16 = 28 (off the bench) – I don’t really consider these dips, but until the shoulder gets strong enough for ‘regular’ dips, I’ll do these.

This is the last day of the session. I’ll have to figure out when and how to tally up my reps and how often I’m going to post the results. I might make another chart. Just decided to add the scores per session, since part of my notes are on the calendar, this is subject to editing.
Subtotal (from the book)
Chins – 66
Squats – 165
Dips- 43
Pushup – 106

Session IX is up next.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment