Sunday, November 3, 2013

R2R SESSION X – 102013 – 110213

YMCA  102413 after double classes. I started teaching cycling classes during this session. 



WOW! This session is going to take me into November. I realized after putting up the eval pix from last session that I don’t really have a lot of room for pix and charts, so I am going to have to back off on both. Instead of putting up two-week charts, I’ll put them up monthly. I think we’ll get a better picture, although my weight has been very steady since the end of the summer. Also measuring day coming up at the end of October, so there will be some charts to post. I look forward to measuring days; I like evaluating my progress, even when I’m going the wrong way, at least I’m aware and can do something about it. We shall see what this session brings, maybe I will get to running.

102013 [Sunday #124]  AM – The gig
Chin ups: 7+6+7+7+8 = 35 Feeling strong in the “L” position. Core is rockin’. First set of 8 YAY!!

Wake 189  32.5 48!! Waking dehydrated, probably the weather. Maybe I didn’t drink enough H2O

Shadow boxing, punches w/ double wrist/gloves wt. (On calendar). 2 sets of chair pistols. See play w/ Fam.

102113 [Monday #125] – AM GIG
Pushups: 15+15+15+10+10= 65 … slow & steady, some aching. Note: Got that funny smell in my nose a couple of days ago. Beginning to think it’s a warning of an illness trying to come on… But I am not getting sick!!


Wake 191  34  48-ish… what’s up with this?

300 punches full weight (on calendar) 3 sets of 100. Power squats 25, subbing aqua Today.
Good aqua, more punching at home, some alternative types; high & low, double punches. Time to move away from standard, still want to do 500 straight with the weights.

102213 [Tuesday #126] – AM work
Chin ups 5 sets of 8 = 40 – These sets were hard, I felt every 8th pull. Getting positive results though.

Tough time getting to sleep, excited about potential change in shifts.

Wake 191  28.5  50.5: I wonder what causes these rises. Better, but not where I was… like 17.5/57 etc. 

Temple GX was great, 1100+ calories I think. Aqua burned another 1000. It’s basically routine now.

102313 [Wednesday #127] – wake 188.5 E!  Up late, slept long – drop 2 – got a surge of energy, boxing 1st 100 with gloves, next 200 with gloves & wrist wts. Aqua today.

102413 [Thursday #128] – 188.5  37  47!!

Exercise with gloves and stuff, normal wake up, boxing, leg work, squats, a few push ups, nothing dynamic, but it seems to be working. Weight isn’t shedding but body looks tighter. Measuring day next week, we’ll see then.

Very energetic though. YGX today. Very energetic GX, went through w/ wt gloves (1 – 1.5 lbs each) felt strong afterwards. 6 pull ups w/ back pack neutral grip, got 3 sets of shin flexes in also. I REALLY miss doing those.

Sore foot, rt, outside, middle towards heel, since doing pistols a few days back. should look this up. Left is a bit weak as well, but not as bad. I’m not limping due to this, it’s more of an ache then true pain. Just keeping an eye on it.

Energy drop on way to work, El steps were tough.

102513 [Friday #129] AM – gig
Pushups: 15+16+20+20+20+20+15+10 = 136  - Had a better pushup night than expected.

Wake 190 E.

Lots of exercise, punching and moving with the wrist and ankle weights. No real routine, but lots of twists (punching), upper body movement etc, kicks and leg work. I need to write the Winter Hermit workout. Looking lean. I like the look. Pull ups tonight at work.
Got up off the floor from cross-legged position, no hands. It was shaky. Tried for the video and took me two tries. Glad to have this skill back. Now to get back to balancing on one leg, low pistol. 



102613 [Saturday #130] – am – gig

Chin ups 4 + 5 = 9 [I was too tired to finish these so I switched to cheaters, angled feet on floor.]



3 x 20 = 60 – going to do these to work into pronated pull ups. Shoulder’s not ready for the real thing yet. Felt the 2d 20 more than the first set. Maybe 1 armed?? Later – can feel it in my trapz.


500 punches in sets, different style, gloves & wts. [brought them with me.]

Wake 190  26.5 51.5 – Random exercises all day. Added up reps for the month. Clean room, sick day.

102713 [Sunday #131] Wake 188.5 E. I did some home work today, walked to 69 for produce.

Interval Training [Drills]
Drills are working! The inner six is beginning to

emerge. 102813

Run in Place
Punches – 100 + 150 + 200 + 300 =750
Burpees – 6 +10 + 10 + 11 = 37
Power squats – 20 + 15 + 10 + 10 = 55
Mt. Climbers – 4 x 50 = 200
Jump Front Lunge squat – 4 x 50 = 200
Various leg raise work with ankle wts, twists [fully weighted, hands & legs] trunk twists, leg curls.
Sit ups – 30
Wheel Rollers [abs] – 10 first time. Add these more regularly. Going for 10,000 of these also. [There’s always more than I record.]

102813 [Monday #132]  wake 188.5 – taught first spin class at the Y. YIKES!!

Wake stuff: Burpees 15 + 15 = 30
500 punches 2 sets of 250.
Barbends   30 + 20 = 50  added this into the count as well. I may count 1,000,000 reps, punches will be the easiest and maybe kicks.
Various warm up stuff. No pushups with the burpees, shoulder not ready yet.
Spin kicked my ass and my abs are pumpin!!

102913 [Tuesday #133] – AM – Gig – tired by decided to hit some chin ups. [3 sets of 5] = 15 Got GX at Temple later.

Wake 188.5  38.5/46.6 – Killed it at TGX today. Went off the program and hardly felt the class. Very energetic, after both sessions. Drills rule. I think I’ll be able to do all classes Mon – Thursday and still train on weekends.

Kite & Key with the Llama and started to crash about 10pm. Nodded and up at Midnight.

103013 [Wednesday #134] AM – La Casa. Juiced my veggies, added beets and ginger to the base. Should be an interesting week of nutrition. Measuring day tomorrow. Will I run later today? I have aqua later too. Getting excited about anticipated changes in life.

Wake 190.5 E. wake up work, boxing and squats three rounds 150 squats total. Appx 500 – 600 punches. Drank bkft, beet mix is good. Aqua today. Ate lunch before AQ. Breezed through aqua. Maybe drills later.

Did some work at the house, upper body stuff (numbers below). Pushups were tough, shoulder was sore.

NUMBERS
600 – punches
150 – squats
114 barbends [80 down/34 up]
29 – pushups off the dumbbells.
52 – dips [off the bench]  plus some other stuff I don’t record.

103113 [Thursday #135] – measuring day. Wake 188  37.5/49 [These numbers are high due to the weather, I’ve decided. Might check last year to see if my theory is consistent. Or I could drink more water.
 
This is the torso track chart. From 61911 to 103113.
This year I measure at 45 day intervals just to keep me
honest.  I'm aiming for 10 - 15 cm difference between the
blue line & the red line. Green & Yellow as close to 90 cm
as possible, maybe into the 80s. 
Top – 99cm up 1 from 45 days ago.
Middle – 92 down 1 (see chart)
Bottom – 96 no change
Under – 97 no change.

In terms of good news/bad news this is good new in that the solar plexus is wider and hips narrower, even by a little bit is going in the right direction. Mid December is next.

One of those days – thought I’d go out but didn’t. didn’t see the point. Mostly sleep and exercise.

67 barbends [45 down – 22 up]
15e – chair pistols
25 sit ups

Leg work with double ankle wts, no counts. Leg raises, kicks, circles. Double wt is the standard at home. Flying knee jumps (for temple).

November

110113 [Friday #136] –AM – work
Chin ups – 5+6+6+6 = 23
What am I thinking? Toughed out the sets, building back to 8s. Okay way to start the month.

Wake 188 E.

Heavy punching, gloves, wts and ank wts on both arms. 

100 front kicks [70/30]. I should do these daily until they become routine. Out to 69 for Pizza and produce shopping. Back to the spot and continued Home work/eat sweat drills. Went right into a criss-cross of boxing and burpees. 3 sets of 10 burpees. It was tough. Random punching with gloves. 2 sets of 100 front kicks, straight through. 2 x 15 barbends, up & down. 2 more sets of burpees. Better to do more total or more in a single set? Answer. Both, more reps and more sets = more total! Feeling the energy surge.  Had my protein veggie drink before work. Good to go into 110213. Last day of this session [Number 10].

Totals:
switching to monthly charts. this tracks October and
it's still a roller coaster, the green trending is more steady
but looks to be increasing. I don't want to follow last
years weight gain pattern.
300 front kicks
50 burpees
30 barbends
Punches unknown. Not very worried about reaching 10,000 punches.
 


110213 [Saturday #137]  - Wake 190.5 31.5/49: Cheat day started early @ work. Vegged and ate - pumpkin pie, pizza, left over doughnut, salad and ... pretzels. So the 2.5 lb gain wasn't unexpected. 


Thought I'd go out today but couldn't figure out why. Stayed in - worked out a bit. Worked on char pistols and kicks and punches. Got some home items accomplished. Pulled up rug fragments, set up bills to be paid. The energy doesn't come when I don't actually HAVE to be someplace. Probably time to set focus on tidying up the house. I can train here as well as anywhere... almost. Still have not run... maybe later. 

Exercise numbers later, especially chair pistols, 3 sets. Trying to build core control and leg strength. Session XI starts tomorrow and the time changes back. 

Eat more for energy. Wake up strong. Three more nights off, sleeping at night. Take advantage. 

Workout Numbers:
50 Squats - wide
100 punches
100 front kicks
Chair Pistols - 12+10+5 = 27 each.

End of Session X

No comments:

Post a Comment