Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Return to Ruggedness: Session XVI - 11214 - 12514



Start of session 16. 11214 - 12514

I don’t have much to say about this. It’s beginning during a break, but there’s no real break for me. I may fill this in post session. So far it’s been looking like a renaissance – I got BACK on the treadmill.

11214 [Sunday #208] – WAKE 191.5 – Santa Fe Burrito with Xave. What more can I say, I’ll pay for this.

Short Training Session
20 burpees – hard but intense
20 pushups
10 deep squats – this was merely a streak workout, to keep the burpees streak alive.

11314 [Monday #209] – wake 194: The weekend has caught up to me. ACV this morning. I have to admit I’ve been feeling lazy… my dark age perhaps. Laz in exercise and chores around the house. I have managed to be social. Two more nights of night shift, 5 days off then everything starts up again; day work, fitness classes. I should get a picture with the stache, because I might shave it off. Keep the burns tho. I can think/talk myself into the next “golden age.”

Run in place
25 burpees, then tea.
Spin Today
25 burpees before spin. [50 burpees total]
Spin was strong. I think we went harder than last time.

11414 [Tuesday #210] – wake 192: Extra sleep. Chilled but got inspired to train.
Run, Jacks, 30 squats
15 burpees – hard.
6.5 lb punching/boxing etc.
10 burpees [6.5]
Hulk smash squats 20 [6.5]
50 barbends
6.5 + ankle wts [legs]
10 burpees  [35 burpees total]
50 front kicks
20 pushups
Deep squats/hold.
Boxing on the knees
Barbends from squat – Harder!!!

11514 [Wednesday #211] – wake 193.5 ACV
Wall squats – 10. Stretch hammies, must do burpees today.
10 burpees. I did more stuff than this.

11614 [Thursday #212] –  wake 193.5  22/54: Getting fat again – need to get out of this slump.
20 burpees. YGX, roll ups and band curls before class.

Good GX strong, energetic, solid. Did more burpees, but didn’t count. Keep this NRG going!! Pre-work protein juice-shake.

Late night band work on left biceps and incline band press.* (First attempt)

11714 [Friday #213] – WAKE 191  42/46: Up too damn early, 2am. Back to bed and up again at 8am then finally @ 10am, headed to the Y but pizza first. Renaissance time!

Back to the Y
Run – better part of a mile/ walk 1 mile
2 x 10 burpees
2 x 10 rollups (need hands)
Deep squat stretch
Wall press – 1 legged.
Boxing & tired. Arms getting fat. More triceps work. May have to use cable machines. Good cardio day.

11814 [Saturday #214] – wake 192  33/49

YMCA
Run 1.0 miles
Walk .5 miles
Run .25 miles
Walk .25 miles  2 miles total

EAT SWEAT for time, 3 rounds [34 burpees total]
Jacks: 60 seconds
Punch: 60
Burpees: 30
My Climb: 30
Jump ski: 30
Kicks: 60
P-Squats: 60
Bench jumps 1 x 10
Rollups 2 x 10
Wall sit 30 seconds
Wall press, 1 legged.
Recovery; Brewer’s yeast & BCAAs

11914 [Sunday #215] – wake 192/51 post elim. : Sleeping is crazy. Up early 6.5 boxing and upper body stuff.

YMCA
Treadmill, the first mile was brutal 6.0 mph steady state. Walk .5 mi. 4 mph. Jog the last .5 5.0 mph.
15 burpees, triceps push down, bench dips.
Massage day. Did the shoulder a world of good!

12014 [Monday #216] – Hello Aquarius – up at 3 o’freekin’clock: wake 191 23/54: Consciously drinking more H2O. 3 straight days of treadmill runs and heading for day 4. Early morning boxing, progress from gloves to gloves +wrist weights to 6.5s. Did the usual upper body boxing stuff and some leg work with the bands; bench dips, etc. got about 70 squats in and held chair pose. Slowly starting out. Envisioning my goals and outcomes.

Looks like muscle atrophy is setting in chest and upper arms. Need to take care of this. Push the pushups.

YMCA Day 4
Treadmill 2.5 miles total
1 – run: .25 walk: .75 jog; .5 walk.
35 burpees/ 2 sets of roll ups/triceps pushdowns/ beach, leg work (lift & circle back), crosslegged stand up 3x. abs, knee raises. This took an hour.

3 hrs sleep and back to the Y for spin.

Body purging toxins. Is it from the activity or morning breakfast. In the last 4 days it’s been more solid food and very little protein shakes. No pre-workout mixes either. Is this kicking in the weight loss? Day work & Temple start tomorrow. Sleep has been irregular, but it will come together.

Spin was strong, but I didn’t over do it. It was an active day. Band biceps curls @ home, just doing it… need tighter biceps. (They don’t stand out.)

12114 [Tuesday #217] – wake 191 25/52: Up early again, 6.5 boxing, squats, incline band press, stats later.

Wake up boxing 6.5: 25 pushups: incline press w/ 6.5s (green & red bands): 20 squats.

Later that day
3x10 burpees [30 burpees total]: 2x20 bench dips: everests 20, 1 legged bench lunge 5 each. Seated row, [black & orange]. Shovel snow.

12214 [Wednesday #218] – wake 191 25/52: wake up exercises, boxing, shoulder pushups, squats (30)… nothing intense. Post workout nap.

Decided to adapt the resistance training to the home work out using the bands.
15 burpees & shadow boxing
10 burpees, boxing gloves
10 burpees, boxing w/ gloves + wrist weights.
Wall ball squats, deep – 10-12-15-10
Seated rows [blk+orange] 4 x 20 (I can get to doing hundreds of these I think)

Cross legged stand up – 3 x and getting stronger. But I can only do it with the right leg outside at this point.

Incline bench press 10-16-10-20 then added the blue band to green & red and did 20 more. There was some shoulder soreness early but it subsided. This could actually be helping the shoulder joints.
Seated curls 3 x 10 with all three colors.
Bench dips 2 x 25.

Not too bad. More of these to strengthen muscles.

12314 [Thursday #219] – Wake 191 normal digits. Woke up closer to my mark today, but didn’t have/take time for morning exercises. Got YGX today & trained much yesterday, so I sloughed off a bit. I may have to purposely  wake at 4am, train for 30 minutes, shower, eat and get to work. I wake up strong every day and stay alert on the job. Next week back to Temple. I guess I was lucky, the snow gave me an extra week to get adjusted.

Y90GX was week, but I managed 15 burpees total [10 before class]. I think the shift change, sleep change, snow storm has challenged my immune system. Got a cold sore upper right lip (inside), and low energy and looking fat and deflated… ugh!!! It’s a struggle and I’m up for it!

12414 [Friday #220] – wake 189.5  21/54. I’m not even sure about these numbers. I woke with the alarm at 4:20am. I think the body destroyed the sickness that seemed to be mobilizing, but I was a bit slow and sluggish. Still managed to do some boxing and some pushups with the iron gym. The weight drop is a very pleasant surprise, although that’s what I’m aiming for. Keep up the practice. Thinking maybe have some meat, got some pepperoni & cheese for the weekend.

20 burpees – not getting easier +15 more [35 total]. Added squat press with 10 lbs wts with the rationale of practice for class. Workout cocktail CR+BA& juice. Bad timing, mid workout. I think I can start this regimen again. Feel low energy. Ab work, band shrugs, 30 front kicks w/ ank wts.

12514 [Saturday #221] – wake 191 – got the weight back. early morning ex: pushups 4, + a few more on the iron gym. Bench dips & shadow boxing. Day work. First Saturday to many bodies here. I’m getting some training in – pull ups, shadow box maybe some squats.

LATE NIGHT burpees 6x10 = 60 total
Band shrugs, lite pushups.

End of session 16

No comments:

Post a Comment