Tuesday, February 18, 2014

R2R Session 17 - 12614 - 20814



Session XVII – begins! It hasn’t been a “bad” winter, not really bad. There’s been snow and events have been cancelled, but we haven’t been devastated. What am I headed to here? Change of diet, close to vegetarian, lots of beans and egg white omelets; veggie burgers the occasional salmon and chicken or turkey when I’m out, or pork on a pizza. The burpees streak has been going since December 2, of ’13. Sometimes I only do 10, I haven’t done 100 in a single day yet. It’s still a goal. My overall goal is to do them every day and eventually get to doing 100 [or more] a day and not flinching when I do 50 straight. I have yet to add pushups due to the shoulder.

Shift change started last session and my sleeping still hasn’t adjusted. I did estimate 30 days. I’ve added weights back into the program despite saying I wouldn’t lift until October 1st of this year, but in true Animal Farm tradition I’ve altered my “rule” to not lifting heavy weights. After doing squat-curl-presses at home, ostensibly practicing for the fitness classes, my shoulder actually felt better. To my delight, when I got back to Temple there were 15 lb dumbbells in the group fitness room. Machismo dictates I use the maximum amount of weight available while I am instructing the class. [That’s just partially a joke.]

I’ve monetized my weight loss at a rate of $10.00 a pound towards some new compression fit thermal shirts, possibly Under Armor brand. Starting weight is 191, goal weight is 175 - $160 should get me 3 shirts. Measuring day comes in the first part of this session, so time to make another chart. Not feeling very confident, I must confess, maybe the expected shock will motivate me; hopefully an unexpected surprise won’t make me complacent.

Despite the shift change I have been maintaining my diet. Salads for lunch that I make at home, although I do use the Wawa dressing. Breakfast at home, usually a bean concoction with lentils and mozzarella cheese, still tastes good to me, but not much fruit and not much juicing. I seem to have gotten out of that habit for a while. No protein shakes but I’ve recently restarted the creatine-beta alanine pre workout drinks. Warmer weather is coming. I feel my body will be prepared to go to the next level when spring arrives.

No pictures for quite a while. Nothing special to show, but I should snap a few, especially when I don’t feel I’m looking very successful. These “slump” times are a part of my history as well and should be documented.

12614 [Sunday #222] – wake 192.5: Brunch at Kite & Key, small portions.
Good Home Work
Burpees (gloves) 6 x 12 = 72
Squat press 6 x 12 = 72 [10 lbs.]
Shoulder laterals 6 x 12 = 72  [10 lbs.] had to adjust ROM
Band Shrugs – 20+25+30 = 75
Bench band press 8*+10*+10+12+16!+16=72
*shoulder hurts !hurting less
Bench dips 3 x 12 = 36
Triceps extensions [bands] – 6*+10!+12+12+12=52 [notch #2]

12714 [Monday #223] – wake 192.5 (-$15.00) YMCA 3 miles, 2 running/jogging. Getting there slower than before. Can feel it in the middle of my chest, no stitches though. Spin this eve & burpees at some point. Got to work stronger. Pre-work, supps & drink (Cr+BA). Post work stingle.

10 burpees before spin.
Full spin class, moderate participation on my part. Not bad recovery.

12814 [Tuesday #224] – eyes opened @ 3am but chilled a while and finally got out of bed at 4. Wake 188.5. It’s a big drop and puts $25.00 in my wt loss account. Because I didn’t eat dinner last night, or maybe due to running yesterday morning and spin last night.

Early morning workout 3 rounds of
Wallball squats
Incline bench-band press
Close grip pushups (IG)
Tri-extensions (bands)

I’m trying not to allow my subconscious to get bogged down in the age issue, but it’s tough. Sometimes, particularly when I’m running or doing burpees I feel it in my chest. HR remains good however and recovery is quick. It could be fighting off a cold because I don’t get “full blown’ sick, I have to take note of minor changes in the body. Got a cold sore inside the mouth which gave me another hint.

Regardless of the next birthday looming and the recovering shoulder, I am not allowing age to become an excuse. I think I’ve come up with a pretty good home workout routine for cardio, resistance and strength training. Hopefully I will stick with it until I can get back outside.

I think using the weights/bands is helping my shoulder recover.

Cardio Sculpt was good, got my daily burpees in [10] and a couple of sets of squat-presses and some cardio. Maybe 40% participation from me.

12914 [Wednesday #225] – This is a story of scheduling sleep. Nodded before 9pm yesterday and woke just before 1am… maybe a nap before work. Jet lag Frank called it. I can be awake for 16 hours. Yesterday 3am to 9pm was closer to 18. Today will be..? Who knows? Might be a good time for a shower – better yet a soak. I need to get stronger in the GX Sessions. That will happen.

Wake 190.5 – extra sleep b/c I didn’t get enough. Skipped morning exercises & measuring day. Aqua @ Temple. I was very up for it. Never got around to measuring today. Did 10 exhausted burpees just for the streak and went to be at 9. No actual dinner.

13014 [Thursday #226] – wake 3am [hunger headache??] – 188.5  29/50 and measured.
Top – 100 cm [+1]
Mid – 93 cm [same]
Bot – 97 cm [+1]
Und – 99 cm [+1]
My torso is growing everywhere except the middle. Is this a good thing? Does 1 centimeter even matter? I’ve gotten wider all over except the middle. Yikes!! I’m supposed to be going the other way. Body is telling me to eat better. Listen. I’ve got plenty of time til work.

13114 [Friday #227] – wake 188.5 – Can’t remember how this day went. Slept late, 10 burpees and some other stuff. Hung out at Body Rock.

FEBRUARY 2014

20114 [Saturday #228] wake.. what no weight???
Burpees w/ 10 lbs wts: 10+5 = 15 total. Run in place, worked up a nice easy sweat. Dancing & drinking at 700 club.

20214 [Sunday #229] – Run & box etc, band work. Lite exercise, curls (10 lbs). Burpees streak ended today. Forgot to do them. Super Bowl at Mom’s.

20314 [Monday #230] – wake 191.5: Got to bed by 11pm woke around 3 am, up strong @ 4:20am with the alarm. Run in place, 100 burpees (first time, in multiple sets. See below) Maybe not do every day but go for at least 100 when I do them. Easing back into the weights. Using 10s for exercises.

THE WORK:
Burpees: 20+20+3x10+2x15 = 100
100 crunches
100 knee lifts
Max curls 4 x 50 tot (plus more) w/ 10 lbs.
6++++ No count bands.
Incline band press, including 10s.

20414 [Tuesday #231] – wake 189.5 E! – worked out this am, worled on double burpees… I trained a bit last night too. Omelet for breakfast. Dbl burps 2x5, run, mt climbers, boxing, 20 mins.

GX was awesome, much more energy than last week. More people too.

20514 [Wednesday #232] – wake 188 27/51. The trick is, don’t eat before bed. Wake up exercises, boxing, kicking, etc. not feeling the need to do daily burpees, but maybe. Glorious day.

20614 [Thursday #233] – wake 188 34/49 – morning workout 20 mins, including criss-cross, jack & squats, burpees, run in place, box & kick.

Another purge day. Don’t think I logged the last one. Home run. ACV in the am – maybe that’s the cause. YGX this eve. BE PUMPED!!

Had a purge day. YGX was good, low participation on my part and I left w/ enough energy to buy food. Did some pre-workout work with bands.

20714 [Friday #234] – wake 189.5 – ACV and morning exercise. Tea & beans, etc and to work. To hang tonight or work out?? Chillin at work, home disco nap and out w/ Fram. 2 Beers & salmon, Revolution House.

20814 [Saturday #235] – wake 192 – on the roller coaster, need to train at home tonight!! Exercise psychology workshop @ Temple.

Workout night at home w/ light weights, 12 lbs and band work.


End of session 17

No comments:

Post a Comment