Monday, June 2, 2014

Return to Ruggedness Session XXII - 40614 - 41914



SESSION XXII – 40614 – 41914

Going into session XXIII find myself in need of inspiration, so I looked back at last year’s session XXII and pulled out some memories…

The following is from April 7, 2013:

Okay; so let me restate or possibly even refresh my goals: In three more years I’ll be retiring from this gig. I want to be the same weight when I leave that I was when I arrived (170 – 175). Of course I don’t want to wait three years to achieve this. I want my weight to be well established, my health to be immaculate and my body to be ripped, tight, strong and agile. I also want high endurance, nothing like iron man, but pretty close.

Perhaps I’ll add a link. Going over this again, I didn’t find too much to pull out. I can probably use last year’s strategies for this year. Looking back reveals a cycle I have yet to break out of, especially when it comes to running. I blame the changing seasons; I may no longer have that excuse if I find a warmer climate in which to live.

40614 – [Sunday #292] – Wake 190.5 – snooze. Get up and do some moving calisthenics, not much, not even yoga. I think we’re beginning a new session and new chapter. Started some pull ups at the gig. I think I can be more forceful with them. The shoulder’s improving.

Upper body work at home, boxing with 6.5s – all types of arm movements weighted.

40714 – [Monday #293] – wake 189: Up and arm swinging stuff, not really tai chi, but based on it. Yoga 3 sun salutations. Norman arm raise & twist easy then harder. It was tough. 27 – 30 minute walk to shop rite – I can do this from time to time. Cycling this eve and who knows what else will come.

40814 – [Tuesday #294] – wake 189. Morning calisthenics. Then pkwy run/walk intervals. It was weak, but two miles anyway. Headed to TGX – back to drinking N-O Xplode before sessions … trying to use up the last container. Must not drink tea!!!

Elixir alternative & juice again. Awesome GX – more coaching, leg work with ank weights, partially anyway. No bodies for Aqua.. opted out of squats. Chilled at home.

40914 – [Wednesday #295] – wake 188 – dynamic tai chi. 3 sun sals yoga – last 2 with twists, leg stretch. Gig: reverse pushups 3 x 15 so far. (4 more sets of 15, finished with 105 total). Nice, sore. Good aqua then leg press (cable machine). A little ruckus on the way to the train… just a couple of dogs barking. Juice for dinner.

41014 – [Thursday #296] – wake 188 E: Movement exercises but no yoga or sweat. I’ll be doing that at the Y this eve. Reverse pushups at the gig, sets of 10 (2 so far) should skip, but then again… I shouldn’t – backing off is better. Got 30 pushups.

Came strong at YGX – had to push it, bring it, work it b/c I was beginning to feel weak. I need to open up the esophagus for better breathing.

Low cal eats before bed.

41114 – [Friday #297] – wake 188 E. warm up yoga 4 sun sals, bitstrips is back so I was slow to start pushups.
Reverse pushups – 16 +20, regular 20
Decent day – drove to Cape may. Pizza nite & drinking rum.

41214 – [Saturday #298] – wake up Cape May, some wake up movement exercises, but mostly chillin.

41314 – [Sunday #299] – wake up Cape may day 2: Chilled, walk along the beach, heading home. May train this eve.

41414 – [Monday #300] – Wake 191 – off the weekend. Got things accomplished. Taxes, returned car, cleaned room, prep clothes, some body movement. Spin this eve.

Nice dead lift routine 225 – 245 – 275 romanian. 300 standard 1 rep and hold, 2 sets.  I think I can get 315 next week. I need to re-start squats.

41514 – [Tuesday #301] – wake 188.5: fastest recovery ever. Later took a weight, 190.5,  14.5/ 59 – haven’t seen these numbers since last summer.

Some home work, some arm swinging and such and bends, movement, mat presses… Then cardio sculpt @ Temple. Feeling strong. Left knee feeling sore. New leg work putting pressure on it?

The bod is sore from yesterday’s work. Very impressed with party weekend recovery. Let’s push the set-point back to 185, then lower.

41614 – [Wednesday #302] – Wake 187!!! Recovery continues. Questions – could this be due to turkey burgers and bread? Or fruit shakes? Or N-O Xplode? Or simply the body changing.

Up early, dynamic T’ai Chi – for lack of a better description. Yoga (3 sun sals), leg split stretch.

Gig – reverse pushups on bars – always tough the first day back 15+5 (tough!) + 15 + 15 low & deep.

Kind of disappointed with the performance today, but on the other hand I can use a break day after a day like Tuesday. Did some squats post-aqua, bar & 135. 185 bothered the left trap, (no pad, but that shouldn’t matter.)

41714 – [Thursday #303] – Wake 187… 2d day. Didn’t eat “dinner” – woke with a slight headache – did some movement, try to work legs similar to how I swing the arms… most work on that.

Beans, kale, et al for breakfast.. the ‘ritual’ of taking vitamins doesn’t seem as important to me lately. I’m planning to end this practice when I run out, but that will take a while..

Gig – pushups, reverse 3 x 10 – standing lag laterals too.  Pushups are tough tody – am I weaker or just awaiting the surge.

Today was a WEAK day – Got thru the class, but it was tough – that chest tightness. Check up not scheduled yet. Wonder if I’m “innervated’ (only to find out this is the wrong word.) elixir before bed – no dinner. [actually I should call this ‘no meal after 9 pm].

41814 – [Friday #304] – wake 188 – movement. Yoga 3 sun sals, not much work.

Gig – Reverse pushups 12+10+15!+15 –
Temple Friday – good to be pushin weight: leg press 500-ish full press 2 sets: 800-ish half press 2 sets. 1000 – ish static hold 2x just under a minute. Should use a watch.
Seated calf raises can stack 3 45lb plates
Shin Flex 65 then 2@75
Static chest hold (Smith) 225 

Forgot that “sick” was after me, that could be the cause of the chest tightness. It felt clogged up.

41914 – [Saturday #305] – Wake 190.5 – dropped 1 early. Eat sweat work out felt a lot better after this type of training. Took it slow. No chest pain, but the left knee… felt it and it held up.

Gig – matching pushups (rev) & squats 15 ea. + 10 full.
Cheat Day: Quesadillas @ broad st diner & Beer at Keanne’s birthday party. Iced tea & Mussels at North 3rd.

End of Session 22

No comments:

Post a Comment